RED, WHITE & BLUE FACEBOOK PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
- Eligibility. The “Red, White & Blue” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal United States residents, 18 or older at the time of entry and are a current resident of Tricon Residential (“TR”). Employees (whether part-time or full-time), associates, officers, directors, and contractors of Sponsor (as defined below) and its affiliated companies and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or persons residing in the same household, are not eligible to participate or to win a prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing. The photo submission entry period begins on Friday, June 24 at 5:01 a.m. PST and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, June 28 , 2022 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Voting will start on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 and go until 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, July 3, 2022. The number of “Likes” will be tallied to determine the grand prize winner, second place winner, and third place winner. The grand prize winner, second place winner, and third place winner will be announced on the TR Facebook page on Wednesday, July 6, 2022.
- How to Enter. Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and accepted these Official Rules may enter the Contest during the Entry Period sharing a photo of their “Red, White & Blue” on Facebook. All photos must be of a Red, White and Blue outfit, home decoration or finished recipe inspired by the 4th of July and submitted by Tuesday, June 28, 2022. The photo must remain posted for the duration of the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per home. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder at time of entry. Should more than one (1) entry per home be received, Sponsor reserves the right to void all such entries. Any entrant found to have made entries using multiple accounts will be ineligible. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or scrambled entries. By submitting an entry, each entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and accepted these Official Rules and agrees to be contacted by Sponsor for winner notification and by Sponsor, its affiliates and others for advertising purposes.
- Additional Content Requirements: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify, or to remove from public viewing, any entry or any photo, at any time. Each entry is subject to these additional content requirements:
- Entry/Photo must be an original photo taken by entrant.
- Entrant must have secured all permissions, rights and clearances for any person (living or dead) or third party brand, location or item shown in the entry/photo;
- Entry/Photo may not include images of any celebrity, famous or well-known person which violates any rights of such person;
- Entry/Photo may not include any private information of a third party;
- Entry/Photo may not be immodest, obscene, profane, pornographic, sexually explicit, suggestive or contain nudity;
- Entry/Photo may not depict or promote tobacco, alcohol, firearms, or illegal activity or illegal products such as drugs;
- Entry/Photo may not defame, misrepresent, or disparage people, companies, or countries;
- Entry/Photo may not be offensive, derogatory, harmful, or endorse any hate;
- Entry/Photo may not be in violation of any law;
- Entry/Photo may not have been previously submitted in any promotion or displayed publicly.
By submitting an entry, entrant grants to Sponsor and its and related entities, agents and assigns a license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, publicly display, create derivative works of and otherwise exploit the entry/photo, and entrant’s likeness and first and last name and city of residence, in any advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, further permission or notification, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that: (a) the entry meets all entry requirements; (b) the entry/photo does not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (c) entrant has obtained prior written permission from any person or third party brand, location or item in the entry/photo; and (d) entrant owns all rights in the photo, including without limitation copyrights, or has received prior written permission from any relevant third party to submission and the use of the entry/photo as provided herein.
By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to public posting of the entry/photo, and entrant’s likeness and first and last name and city of residence, in Sponsor’s discretion, which may be replicated by Sponsor or third parties in other platforms and media beyond Sponsor’s control.
- Photo and Content Restrictions: Photos and/or content that, in the sole discretion of TR, include language or images that are defamatory, immodest, obscene, lewd, inappropriate, material owned by a third party, or uses any trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, or products other than those owned by TR are not qualified for the Contest. TR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify entries that do not adhere to these established rules.
- Sponsor. TR, located at 15771 Red Hill Ave, Tustin, CA 92780, is the sponsor of the Contest (“Sponsor”). Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or terminate this Contest if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs, corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook and Instagram.
- The Prize. One (1) grand prize winner with the most “likes” will win a $125 American Express Gift Card, one (1) second place winner will win $100 American Express Gift Card and one (1) third place winner will win a $75 American Express Gift Card. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $300. (the “Prize”). No cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed.
All federal, state, and local taxes and all other expenses and costs, not expressly listed as included in the prize, are the winners’ sole responsibility. It is each winner’s responsibility to determine whether the Prize is or is not taxable. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor Entities have no responsibility or liability for damages or losses resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of any prize. Prizes are non-transferable and provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, except as may be provided by manufacturer.
- Selection of Each Winner. The number of “Likes” will be tallied to determine the grand prize winner and the second place winner. Once the winners are decided, eligibility will be verified per the guidelines herein. The Contest will be held in Tustin, California, commencing as provided above. Odds of winning the Contest depend on total number of eligible entries received. Each winner need not be present to win. Each potential winner will be notified by direct message on his or her social media account on Wednesday, July 6, 2022. The winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release within 48 hours after such notification. If the winners are ineligible or unwilling to accept the Prize or does not return the signed Declaration of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release within 48 hours of notification, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received and notified in the same manner. The Prize will be sent to the winners by mail to the winner’s home address. Each winner should allow two (2) weeks after winner confirmation for delivery of the Prize. Each Prize will be awarded.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, its affiliated companies’ and their agents’ use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. The winners may be announced on TR’s social media and featured on TR’s website and marketing materials; and each winner consents to the same by participating in the Contest. By entering the Contest, the entrant grants permission for all content, photos and/or videos submitted by the entrant to be used by TR in future marketing materials, social media, or online promotions. By entrant’s submission, entrant agrees that TR may use the entrant’s first name, last initial, city and state.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree (a) that Sponsor, its affiliates and related entities, and each of their employees, directors, officers, shareholders, partners, members and agents, and Facebook and Instagram/Instagram, and its employees, directors, officers, shareholders, partners, members and agents (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not responsible for printing or typographical errors, stolen or fraudulent entries, or entries that are delayed, garbled or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human or technical failures. The Contest Parties are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages or costs of any kind arising in connection with, or as a result of, any entrant’s participation in the Contest or the winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize or use of winner’s likeness or information to announce the winner or for publication, advertising and promotional purposes. Entrant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Parties harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participation in the Contest, winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize, or any use of information about the winner. Entrant acknowledges that he/she is familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Being aware of said code section, entrant hereby expressly waives any rights he/she may have thereunder, as well as any other statute or common law principles of similar effect.
- Administration of Contest: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this Contest or void the entries at issue, including without limitation if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer or human error which compromises the administration or proper play of the Contest. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entire Agreement: These Official Rules and any Declaration of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release, serve as entrant’s or winner’s agreement with Sponsor and reflect the entire understanding between entrant or winner and Sponsor concerning the Contest and the subject matter hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions, which will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term. No modification or waiver of any terms shall be effective unless made in a writing signed by all parties.
- Taxes; Other Charges. The winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize and for any expenses not specifically mentioned in the Prize description. Sponsor may request information from the winner for tax reporting. Entrants are responsible for all online charges of any internet service or wireless carrier.
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, except as to matters relating to arbitration, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Disputes. Any dispute with Sponsor arising out of or relating to the Contest or the Prize will be decided only by arbitration, individually and not on a class-wide basis. Any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association and will take place in Orange County, California.
For a copy of these Official Rules or name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Tricon Residential, Attn: Marketing Department, 15771 Red Hill Ave, Tustin, CA 92780.